Can't remove Tub/Shower Drain piece! Tried pliers but looking for tool or ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Dallas Stuart

Reaction score
Thanks to all that provide answers, as they have been most helpful and I am hoping somebody might know of a way to help me with a small problem.

I am doing a restore on our main bathroom and one of the last items I wanted to replace was the tub/shower drain stop and replace it with a modern toe step drain stop.

It appears that they simply screw into place in the floor of the tub but the old one simply refuses to budge no matter how hard I try.

Is there a trick to this? Is it reverse threaded or does anybody know of an easier way to remove one of these pieces?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Well, one certainty is that if you overdo it, you WILL snap the pipe going into the drain fitting and have to replae the entire assembly. IF it is really stuck, there is NO tool that will remove it and you have to cut it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks