Replace shower drain flange from top. Which products before I try to hire someone who has done this? Tx

Users who are viewing this thread

Peterac

Reaction score
Replace shower drain flange from top. Which products before I try to hire someone who has done this? Tx

I have a few pictures of my shower drain which is part of an entire plastic shower enclosure.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SXbsNlFAsTywUNuLwGft7hpNHRJMcghD?usp=sharing

The metal drain cover came off years ago and I epoxied it on a few times.

where the screws would go in there is nothing to hold them since the plastic sleeve that would be screwed into eventually disintegrated over 20 years.

I wonder what products would be best to replace the flange and the accompanying insert?

I’m not sure if the flange screws inside the drain pipe or if it just is silicone or putty holding it there.

Right now the epoxy is holding, but I want to be proactive for the future.

And I think I would probably hire someone with to chip away the edge of the flange and get the component out in order to install a new one.

And I think the current flange does seem to have been threaded onto the drain pipe, which means there are threads Inside the drain pipe. But I could really be wrong and perhaps there are no threads and this is a two-piece unit. Feel free to zoom in on the pictures. I wish they were better though.

also, not sure about size

Any advice is helpful including the product or products to use
including the product or products to use, gaskets, tools, putty, silicone to remove and install.

Thank you so very much, Peter

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks like that glues on the pipe ? no tips on how to relace from the top sorry but like to hear any other advice on this one.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I didnt see anything from bruco as far as shower drains. WingTite site looks helpful for sure very informative plus a tech. phone number

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
yea but wing tite should help. Im not sure its all doable from up top if the pipe was glued to the drain

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks