Do I need a softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Mesh size is not critical for softener applications, standard mesh will work, resin is very large compared to many other medias that use finer mesh screens. 18280 is for the 7000 when it has a 1.05" riser manifold (same as 3/4" PVC pipe size", 40697-02 is the top screen if you have the 32MM manifold. The majority of 7000 systems have the 32mm riser type.

Hope this helps,

F6Hawk

Reaction score
Ahhh, so the top screen you were recommending due to my cold water is actually the bayonet? Then mine has that already. Guess all I need to get is the 2.0 GPM DLFC. Thanks Dittto! Of course you have been lots of help...

F6Hawk

Reaction score
OMG, for $25, I'll just epoxy my hole shut and reduce it from 0.014" to 0.012" and just write off the 50¢ of epoxy I used...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks