14 in rim height or LOWER

Users who are viewing this thread

KDK

Reaction score
moved to Toilet forum - sorry for the newbie mistake.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can install ANY wallhung toilet as low as want, at least until it rests on the floor. Why would any manufacturer produce a 14" toilet when there would be almost ZERO demand for it, except for the one you want to buy? There are 'kiddy" toilets which are 10" to 12" high but they are also smaller at the seat.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A typical dining room chair is like 18". My doctor told me to avoid sitting on the pot for more than about 3-minutes at a time, so that wouldn't be too much of a hassle and still have a conventional install. Unless you and other smaller people in your household really like it that low, it will make it tough on everyone else, and potentially a problem at resale time. The move is on to making them more chair height, not lower. Your house, you can do what you want, and a wall-hung, as said, is flexible up to the point where it would sit on the floor, but moving it later would be a major rebuild. An easily placed foot stool might be a solution that wouldn't impact every other user in the home or resale.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks