(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Confused--Really confused softener and BB install.

  1. #16
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,796

    Default

    No I don't see what I said about you not servicing your chlorinator customers' per the manufacturer instructions of the chlorinator I sold as a personal attack.

    Also the chlorinator I sold would not go 4-8 months without running out of the max amount of 4lbs of pellets it holds IF you follow the manufacturer's instructions when filling it.

    The one I sold does not allow you to reduce the amount of chlorine down as far as you wanted. So I questioned you saying you were selling the same chlorinator as a I did. And if it was the same one, how is it you didn't know what I knew about it except your not following instructions.

    I don't recall ever running down the equipment you sell. I have said the Clack was a better valve than the 5600 and for a few years now, that you undersize softeners and waste salt and you refused to do anything other than defend your way of sizing by personally running me down for selling over sized softeners etc etc.. Ditto told you the same thing about your sizing recently and you never said a word about it. He also has said the Clack is a better valve than the 5600, and again, you haven't said a word to him about it.

    You don't like having your posts deleted. Maybe you should think about stopping whatever it is that you're doing that causes them to be deleted. That sounds fair to me.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  2. #17
    DIY Junior Member pauli5500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7

    Default Well, anyway, guys

    Thanks for all the help...we settled on the Clack ws1 which will be installed next week with a sediment filter afterwards to catch all the resin that we hope doesn't escaped from the unit. We're getting a 10 yr parts and labor warranty, too. The guy from Kinetico tried to mislead me about their warranty, which is 10 yrs parts only...for what they charge, it should be a lifetime warranty for parts and labor.

  3. #18
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,796

    Default

    I think you made a good choice.

    I'd not lean too hard on the warranty because the Clack only has the industry standard 5 years and the stack (seal/spacers) and piston(s) are not warrantied; they are consumable/wearable parts. They usually last many years.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  4. #19
    DIY Senior Member mialynette2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    No I don't see what I said about you not servicing your chlorinator customers' per the manufacturer instructions of the chlorinator I sold as a personal attack.

    Also the chlorinator I sold would not go 4-8 months without running out of the max amount of 4lbs of pellets it holds IF you follow the manufacturer's instructions when filling it.

    The one I sold does not allow you to reduce the amount of chlorine down as far as you wanted. So I questioned you saying you were selling the same chlorinator as a I did. And if it was the same one, how is it you didn't know what I knew about it except your not following instructions.

    I don't recall ever running down the equipment you sell. I have said the Clack was a better valve than the 5600 and for a few years now, that you undersize softeners and waste salt and you refused to do anything other than defend your way of sizing by personally running me down for selling over sized softeners etc etc.. Ditto told you the same thing about your sizing recently and you never said a word about it. He also has said the Clack is a better valve than the 5600, and again, you haven't said a word to him about it.

    You don't like having your posts deleted. Maybe you should think about stopping whatever it is that you're doing that causes them to be deleted. That sounds fair to me.
    You don't ever recall saying I used J Tube's? Your remark was that they are infierer and should not be used. Then I pointed the fact that they were the very same thing you used in your brine tanks. (I checked for the quote, but it doesn't go back that far). And what about the fact that you have said on many occasions that someone has been banned but failed to memtion that you yourself have also been banned. I would consider that a personal attack. As for the Clack, I still don't like electronics but if someone wants to buy it, or any other electroinc valve, I will sell them one. I simply give my opinion and others my rebut it but with you, you make it sound as if what you say is gospel. Why is it that most other have the same problem with you, but none of them say the same to me? Can't play well with others?

  5. #20
    In the Trades Tom Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    I try not to paint myself into a box where equipment is involved. I sell both Clack and Fleck and like both and recommend both. Each has good points and damn few bad points if any. I have not had electronic problems with the Clack head or at least not an unusual number of them. Neither have I with Fleck and I agree with Ditto here that the 7000 series is pretty damn hard to beat. It's solid, versatile and reliable in all conditions. There are price points for all customers though which is why GE and Kenmore still sell a whole lot of equipment. Sure those bargain filters don't last as long but if you get say 10 years out of one it sure as hell does not owe you anything either.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

  6. #21
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mialynette2003 View Post
    You don't ever recall saying I used J Tube's? Your remark was that they are infierer and should not be used. Then I pointed the fact that they were the very same thing you used in your brine tanks. (I checked for the quote, but it doesn't go back that far).
    Saying a J brine pickup tube is inferior to a safety brine system with a #500 air check, inside a brine well and with a Fleck 2310 valve with a safety float on it is stating a fact, nothing personal. That is what I used since the late 1980s with the exception of a softener with a special exclusive territory agreement I had that I had to buy assembled and delivered by company truck or the regional sales manager that came with a J pick up tube and cheap Styrofoam float in a brine well used to shut off the refill.
    Quote Originally Posted by mialynette2003 View Post
    And what about the fact that you have said on many occasions that someone has been banned but failed to memtion that you yourself have also been banned. I would consider that a personal attack.
    Another fact, you have been banned here a number of times, for what we are finally communicating about! I have never been banned from here, although I have been banned from other forums and some I pushed the envelope until I was banned, one I was a moderator and admin wanted me to moderate the pump forum and I didn't want to and then he accused me of lying and I refused and he banned me. Others because I wouldn't go along with the moderators, ya know, like you, Andy, Stevie and now dittohead have been doing here. Anyway, y'all mentioned my having been banned, I never denied it, just not as many as some claimed or for the reasons they claimed. BTW, as Terry told Andy a few years ago when he whined about me, "you may be too sensitive to post here".
    Quote Originally Posted by mialynette2003 View Post
    As for the Clack, I still don't like electronics but if someone wants to buy it, or any other electroinc valve, I will sell them one. I simply give my opinion and others my rebut it but with you, you make it sound as if what you say is gospel. Why is it that most other have the same problem with you, but none of them say the same to me? Can't play well with others?
    Well good for you, selling someone an electronic valve is an improvement over your previously saying you wouldn't. You also went on and on about electronic valves not doing well due to a salt environment, which doesn't exist in two tank model softeners which is what I sold. Most of you that are having your posts deleted here have done your damnest to get me banned everywhere I posted. That has been going on since at least 2002. So I expect them to whine a lot, report my posts, call Terry etc. and whine to each other in PMs etc.. I'm sure you know what I mean.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  7. #22
    DIY Junior Member pauli5500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    I think you made a good choice.

    I'd not lean too hard on the warranty because the Clack only has the industry standard 5 years and the stack (seal/spacers) and piston(s) are not warrantied; they are consumable/wearable parts. They usually last many years.
    It's the retailer then who is giving me the warranty..!0 yrs parts and labor and 25 yrs resin and tanks...No complaints anywhere I could find about them, and they've been in business since 1985 so I feel good about that.

  8. #23
    Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    So everybody gets along except for one person. A few people have differing opinions, but these are stated with respect, and usually with an open mind to be swayed to a different way of doing things. That one person continually deletes post that he disagrees with and admits that he is regularly banned from sites. So as I read it, it as all our fault. The fact remains, when someone has a slightly differing opinion, or has more knowledge than you on a given subject, you take that as a personal attack. You admit you havent used a product in 10 years because you found it difficult, therefore it is an inferior product. You have been out of the industry for several years but claim to know recent laws and litigation. Claiming that you have never seen a municipal supply with iron speaks volumes to your experience. Claiming you have never heard of a PVC well casing, oops... is that personal to bring up a post where you were discussing pvc well casings a few years ago? Moderate, dont dictate. Listen to other ideas, especially from the people who have considerably more experience than you. Consider on occassion that others may have a better answer than you. When people reply with a good solid answer, dont try to "one up" them every time. People who sit at there computer all day waiting to find fault in others is a real sad way to exist. Stop deleting posts that only dont like. Stop editing them to make your point. That is not a moderators job. If anyone is too sensitive here, it is the person deleting posts.

    Pauli5500, the Clack valve is awesome, I have that valve in my own brothers house. It will serve you for many years and it will be trouble free. It also has the best diagnostics in the industry. If you want to have fun, wait a few months then go into the history feature of the valve, it will give you more information than you will ever need about your water usage history, regenerations, etc. The diagnostics is Clacks strongest point. Even the Fleck 7000XTR does not have that good of diagnostics.

  9. #24
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauli5500 View Post
    It's the retailer then who is giving me the warranty..!0 yrs parts and labor and 25 yrs resin and tanks...No complaints anywhere I could find about them, and they've been in business since 1985 so I feel good about that.
    Yes. The tank should have a 10 year warranty, resin is IIRC 1 year and next to no one gives free labor and if they do it is only the first year.

    Just realize that any warranty work they do must be covered money wise from somewhere else. Usually they make up for warranty costs in the purchase price of the equipment at the time of sale. Some still charge a hefty service call fee.

    In other words they are overcharging everyone and especially those that will never have a warranty problems, which is the majority of customers using a Fleck or Clack valve and most any brand of tanks.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Similar Threads

  1. Ready to install new bathtub - confused on a couple items.
    By zubz in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 06:15 AM
  2. I am confused
    By jimbo in forum Electrical Forum discussion & Blog
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
  3. I'm confused
    By gigi in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 08:59 AM
  4. Confused about tub spout install
    By kat-diy in forum Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 10:39 AM
  5. confused
    By anothony in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 06:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •