Low pressure nuisance cut-off

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You are right, I did say that. But I am not sure the installer ever tried. I just thought you were addressing what I said about the old mechanical switches.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Only when the switch says ON and OFF pressures on seperate readouts and a third for pressure at the moment, would I consider dropping 2 bills for it. that would make it very human friendly.

You are up against a Franklin pumptek for 80 to 150 bucks, a 8$ gauge and a 12$ switch with proven reliability - and some boraxo or diatomaceous earth in the switch box, or gold bond powder, keeps the bugs far away. Or a mothball - add 5 cents.

You have made a MECHANICAL device that works well, and again, a foray into that world of a dumpster filled with pumps dependant on ELECTRONIC switches that you have raved against, rather surprises me. I think your customers would prefer combination digital and mechanical device that gives at a glance the settings. If Grundfos and their gaggle of engineers cant get it right, can anyone?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The Pumtec does not work as a pressure switch. We have the Cycle Sensor which goes up against Franklins Pumptec. Even electronic devices can be dependable if you keep them simple and heavy duty. That is why I believe the Cycle Sensor is the most reliable Dry Well and Rapid Cycle protection relay. We used the same type of simple design and heavy duty components to make the EPS15/99 pressure switch, and expect it to be just as dependable and long lasting as the Cycle Sensor.

I am very much a gadget nut. I do not have problems with electronic devices when they have a benefit. But I still like to keep it simple, which is why the EPS15/99 doesn’t have three separate displays and an infra red remote control. Those are the kinds of things that keep a gaggle of engineers from getting it right.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks