Low pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Joshua 27

Reaction score
I recently installed a new low pressure switch on my well. The new switch is primed to cut off at 60 psi, and cut on at 40 psi. If there is a demand the pressure drops from 60 psi and over time down to zero where it remains until the demand is gone without cutting on at 40 psi. Once demand is gone the pressure rises to 40 psi without the pressure switch activating. Once it hits 40 psi the switch then turns on. Why is it not activating at 40 psi.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The switch most likely is activating the pump at 40 PSI. Check to see if it clicks and the points close. This problem is usually caused by the overload in the motor tripping. Then the pump cannot start when the pressure switch makes at 40 PSI, but comes on automatically in another minute or so when the overload in the motor resets itself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks