remodeling bathroom and have some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Beamar

Reaction score
I doubt any code allows wet venting between floors. UPC does not.

I am aware of this. But there is not much I can do about it. I am sure there are TONS of things in this house that no longer meet code. There isn't much I can do short of tearing it down and starting fresh....

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I am aware of this. But there is not much I can do about it. I am sure there are TONS of things in this house that no longer meet code. There isn't much I can do short of tearing it down and starting fresh....

This is why you want the plumbing/building inspector involved ASAP. They can tell you what they will allow and not allow despite the current code.

If you try to do it without their approval, they can pull your occupancy permit and NO ONE will be ALLOWED TO LIVE IN THE HOUSE until it is brought up to code.l

Beamar

Reaction score
Well I have most of the demo done.

What I am thinking of doing to fix my main stack code problem is to add some wood to the current 2x4 construction behind the toilet. One I bump it out to 2x6, I will use 2 45* PVC pipes to move the stack into the wall then run it strait up out of the roof. Once the stack is above the ceiling I will tie in the vents for the shower and sink.

Due to the fact I will have to bump the wall out, I will lose my 12" rough in for the toilet. So I will just install a 10" toilet.

ATM, this seems to be the easiest fix for all my stack/vent issues.

Anyone see any problems with this?

Attachments

• newlayout.jpg
    newlayout.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 262
  • MOVESTACK.jpg
    MOVESTACK.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 251
  • currentstack.jpg
    currentstack.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 257
  • movestack2.jpg
    movestack2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 238
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks