will this be ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

ugabulldog

Reaction score
I have a 220-240v?, 1 h.p. submerssible well pump. I asked my well guy and it is ok to run 10g wire for this up to 630'. The pump is 240' down w/ 10g wire running up to a control box. I need to run 10g wire from control box, about 300' to a temp power pole and run pump for a FEW HRS. I have about 200' of 10g wire, i will then have to hard wire the end onto a plug, plug into a 10g extension cord (or two) and then again cut a piece of 10g wire and hard wire into plug for end of extension cord and hard wire other end to 220 breaker. My question is, could all these connections cause too much of a drop and damage pump?

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Test the running voltage at the pump when its set up and see if it is still close to voltage at the feed. Example of 243 volts at pole and 235 volts running at pump. The Franklin motor is rated at 230 volts so even less than that for a few hours is ok.

Since voltmeters are about 2$ these days including the 9volt battery, there is no excuse not to have one.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks