No sump pump or hole!!

Users who are viewing this thread

radom38

Reaction score
So we've been in the house for about a year now and never thought to check to see if we had a sump until recently. There's no sump nor is there a hole for one. The home inspector failed to mention this to me. All I have is a drain/sewer hole by the washing machine thats 6 3/4" round.

There's been unheard of record rainfall all over my area, farmer's fields under water, people's basements flooding, including my parents'. It's a newer home constructed at the top of an incline in an area where I don't think a sump is required. But the town pumps have had trouble keeping up and I'm worried about sewer backup.

Is there anything I can use for my little 6 3/4 round hole and maybe run a hose out the door or a window in emergency times?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks