Fixing a broken, jagged sump pump hole...

Users who are viewing this thread

Canadatoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My 76 year old sister had a sump pump installed in her basement. It appears that the contractor simply smashed through the cement floor to install the sump pump, leaving an incredibly jagged, broken-looking hole (steps from the basement entry...).

Because it is seriously awful to look at, I am hoping to find a way to at least make it less horrible looking... I am hoping that there is a way to add cement and smooth the top of the hole so it doesn't look like someone (literally) took a sledge hammer to her floor.

I have considered buying heavy plastic sheeting and installing it around the sides of the hole, and pouring new cement between the plastic sheeting and the outer wall of the hole.

However... the sump pump mechanism is (obviously *smile *) inside the hole and I am afraid the newly poured cement will flow out of the bottom and ruin the mechanism...

Does anyone have and suggestions on how to fix this or even if or how I can just cover the whole thing?

Thank you SO much!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks