(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Bathsink tailpipe & Wall stub

Default Bathsink tailpipe & Wall stub

I tried all related post and read where a Bender was recommended to a situation I will be faced with.

... I will soon replace & relocate a bathroom sink where upon attaching the P-trap to the tailpipe, the trap will be 5+/- inches from the wall wasteline/stub:
    Qstn If I read and understand correctly, a BENDER maybe suited to compensate for the distance; if yes, does the trap arm get fitted to the bender with bender to the wasteline?

Don't even think about trying to bend this kind of piping. I wonder if by BENDER you mean suitable elbows, 22, 45, etc. That is how to do it. A picture would be very helpful for us.

If you are looking at various flexible type fittings....BAD IDEA. They drain poorly and clog easily with hair and soap debris.

Give us your definition of what you mean by "bender". That word has a very specific application but probably NOT what you mean. There are several ways to adjust the drain opening, but we would have to see YOUR sink and WHERE you are installing it to decide what can be done.

Thank you both,... the word use of 'bender' is difinitely not the intended word nor think of Bending a wall stub hahaha maybe a 90 Bend ?? .... the IMG is exactly what is now in place. ..I wish to move the sink 4-inches over to the side to allow more right-hand side counter space, presently counter space on right side is >3 inches.. absolutely useless this IMG is exactly what is now in place.
    [/url]https://keithspecialty.com/p/27-000.jpg
    Thank you both
    rick

Last edited by Terry; 04-13-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: url hand thank as tag

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is a p-trap.
    If you can catch the tailpiece by swiveling the p-trap, then yes that would work.
    If you need more, you will need to add a fitting at the wall, maybe a 45 or 22 to angle over to the trap.
    If it's plastic out of the wall, you can glue that fitting on, and a trap adapter.

There are a few ways you can offset the drain to the left, but we would have to see what the "P" trap inserts into to decide which would work for you, OR which you have the ability to do.