(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Name of part in shower diverter area?

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Name of part in shower diverter area?

    Hi all,

    I just purchased a foreclosure that was in good shape, but sure enough after 2 showers we discovered a leak. We had a plumber come diagnose it and found the leak was originating from the shower diverter area, basically the part where it switches from bath to shower (which made sense--we only saw the leak after we took showers, not baths). He said that it can be fixed easily if we replace the little part where the red arrow is in this first photo...but of course we can't find anywhere to get it, or even what that part is called. Can anyone help? I believe we have a Pegasus faucet on the outside, but this interior part I'm not sure if it had a brand. Any info would help, the name of that part, where to find it, etc.

    Also, the plumber said if we can't find the part, then the whole section has to be replaced, and I fear we'll have to tear up the marble tile to do it, so obviously want to avoid it. I've included a picture from the back side, does anyone with experience know if a full replacement could be done from the panel cut out in the back, i.e. and not through the marble tile front? Thanks!

    Name:  Shower piece.jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  28.8 KB

    Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  35.2 KB



  2. #2
    Master Plumber Dunbar Plumbing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area


    Tear it out, put a Delta R10000 valve body in and get rid of that nightmare of a valve (pegasus)

    They are a faucet you'll never get parts for now, or later down the road.

    That short piece of CPVC, along with a Female adapter being used is danger with a capital D in the book of plumbing.

    You are not supposed to use cpvc between the shower valve and the tub spout, along with between the shower valve and the shower head.
    Read what the end of this sentence means.

  3. #3
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default Pegasus

    Pegasus is Home Depot. Phone number 1-800-435-4654. This is a rotary diverter, so unless you also have the handle for it, you will need that and the screw also. They will send you a part after you call. The problem is that it may not be the part you asked for because their customer service people are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. If you can find the part number, even if you have to buy a Pegasus valve to see the paperwork and then return it, you will be more likely to get the right part. It looks like your valve is the series 2000 model number F1328700.
    Last edited by hj; 12-14-2009 at 07:15 AM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts