Loss of pressure after repair!

Users who are viewing this thread

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
HELP!

While installing baseboard in my newly remodelled laundry area I inadvertently punctured a hot water line. Actually, it was a hot water line I'd capped when I moved the hot water supply for the laundry. Repairing the puncture was straightforward - since the line wasn't used I cut it back and capped it again.

Now, however, I have virtually no water pressure at the kitchen sink. There is both hot & cold water pressure elsewhere (only the master bath can be checked. The guest bath isn't finished to where I can check water pressure. Unless I really have to.)

Your thoughts?

Many thanks.

George

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
update, of sorts...

I was able to check the new hot water supply for the laundry and it's okay. Curiously, both hot & cold in kitchen have no pressure. Next test is to remove faucet from the equation and check at the angle stops.

G

TheZster

Reaction score
There is no such thing as "coincidence"

"Something" changed when you made your repair...... valves turned off/on - new cap (before or after other lines)...........

Go over exactly what you did to correct the puncture.... backtrack your steps until you find the cause of your new issues...........

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
Looks like it's at the faucet itself. Odd. Could be just coincidence, but...?

The faucet is a Hans Grohe single lever type. There are short supply lines from the stops to meet the lines in the faucet unit itself. When these lines are disconnected, there appears to be acceptable pressure coming from the supply.

So, how is it possible for a 2-year old HG unit to 'clog up'? If this is what it really is, how does one unclog?

George

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
Now I know what's inside...

Ended up taking the HG faucet apart to discover, I guess, that the check valve in the hand unit was clogged. It now works as before. I'm hoping it was just coincidence that if failed at the same time my nailing failed!

George

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks