(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Home Depot or supply house ???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member 10"rough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5

    Default Home Depot or supply house ???

    Hey Plumbers out there , Quick question. Is a American Standard Cadat 3 bought at Home Depot the same as one bought from a Plumbing supply house ?

    I've heard some yes and some no.

    Thanks !

  2. #2
    Master Plumber Redwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Yea it's the same junk everywhere...
    Not sure if the quality is good anywhere...
    I install Toto!

  3. #3
    DIY Junior Member 10"rough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    Yea it's the same junk everywhere...
    Not sure if the quality is good anywhere...
    I install Toto!
    I was set on a Toto Drake , did some checking and I need a 10"rough... could move joist and make it a 12" but not worth it for this house . To bad no 10" Drake.

  4. #4
    Plunger/TurdPuncher kingsotall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ Sitting on an upside down 5 gallon bucket next to the GO 68HD
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    Yea it's the same junk everywhere...
    Can always count on Redwood for my morning chuckle. Like hot coffee in the morning.
    I just post cuz I like to see my avatar.

  5. #5
    In the Trades Gary Swart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Yakima WA
    Posts
    7,246

    Default

    It's your choice. Spend a little time and effort one time now to change the rough-in so you can use a Drake, or spend a little time and effort frequently forever dealing with the AS problems.

  6. #6
    Master Plumber Redwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    There are plenty of other toilets that Toto makes that fit on a 10" rough...

  7. #7
    DIY Junior Member 10"rough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Swart View Post
    It's your choice. Spend a little time and effort one time now to change the rough-in so you can use a Drake, or spend a little time and effort frequently forever dealing with the AS problems.
    I'll take my chances with the AS rather than dealing with floor joist in the way preventing 12".... Besides this is last room to be remodeled in 1942 built home and I'll probably sell sooner than later. Toto Drakes in next one....

  8. #8
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bothell, Washington
    Posts
    14,191
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Do you have a true 10" rough?

    I install a lot of the 12" bowls at 10-7/8"

  9. #9
    Master Plumber Redwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsotall View Post
    Can always count on Redwood for my morning chuckle. Like hot coffee in the morning.
    What I need to know is if I ever made you laugh so hard that you choked on the coffee and sprayed the monitor with coffee???

    That is the effect I'm trying for!

  10. #10
    Plunger/TurdPuncher kingsotall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ Sitting on an upside down 5 gallon bucket next to the GO 68HD
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    What I need to know is if I ever made you laugh so hard that you choked on the coffee and sprayed the monitor with coffee???

    That is the effect I'm trying for!
    Funny visual and I'm sure it'll happen one of these days.
    I just post cuz I like to see my avatar.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •