Looking for long bonnet water shut off valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Mstevens

Reaction score
This is a DIY bathroom upgrade and we are moving our plumbing into the wall for a wall mount faucet. And I already know lots of plumbers hate this, but its worth the work for me.

Our previous shut off valves came out of the wall and connected to the faucet that sat on our vanity. our new set up includes a antique vanity that has a 3/4 inch back.I need a shut off valve that extends farther than any of the traditional big box stores because of not only the drywall, but also the vanity.

I bought ball shut off valves from Home Depot, but they are too shallow for us. so I found these gate valves online with an extended bonnet but they are stop valves and don’t open all the way.
does anyone have any ideas on what Valve would work here? i posted hoots of the size of the stop valve which is ideal as well as the size of what we can get from Home Depot, but is too shallow.

thanks!

Attachments

• FD5B5897-3E62-4F60-91BE-FF6D4C42190A.jpeg
    FD5B5897-3E62-4F60-91BE-FF6D4C42190A.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 2FE9089F-4A4A-4C26-94AC-8F3CB730E84B.jpeg
    2FE9089F-4A4A-4C26-94AC-8F3CB730E84B.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 34
  • E3A40FA3-CEE3-4DAE-A2E4-0FDC1CE37A6B.jpeg
    E3A40FA3-CEE3-4DAE-A2E4-0FDC1CE37A6B.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
the 'stop valve' should be fine, just UGLY under a sink, but who cares. Good to have the shut-offs at least.
for in wall, stay away from any valve that is not a major mfr. Parts on junk no-name imports will haunt you when repairs come along.

Mstevens

Reaction score
the 'stop valve' should be fine, just UGLY under a sink, but who cares. Good to have the shut-offs at least.
for in wall, stay away from any valve that is not a major mfr. Parts on junk no-name imports will haunt you when repairs come along.
Thanks you! Question: will The flow of water be impeded too much to cause slow water pressure With the stop valve? it looks like it’s more than half obstructed In the open position. Or could this cause too much pressure that it could cause stress on pipe work?

the shut Off valves are going to be hidden at the back of the vanity cabinet with the drain, so I’m less concerned about looks. We just need a shut off valve we can reach.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks