(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Breaking street els

Default Breaking street els

OK..I installed a system about 5 years ago and it seems that the street els going to the sprinkler body's keep breaking out. Do you think it is due to over tightening them or maybe is the brand (orbit) the problem. Im having about a 20 percent blowout rate.

Thanks

Default street ells

They are very intolerent of any kind of stress, the same as male adapters. If you do not have a space problem a short cut off end from a sch.80 threaded nipple screwed into the valve with an elbow glued to the other end will be countless times stronger.

If you are talking about a street ell used to make a connection to the individual heads, then of course they see a lot of stress as the heads are walked on. The very best way to install sprinkler heads is to assemble with the Marlex elbows and a short piece of funny pipe.

Default st. ells

He said at the valve body, so I assume he means at the solenoid control valve.

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    He said at the valve body, so I assume he means at the solenoid control valve.

He said "sprinkler body" which I took to mean heads. quis custodiet ipso custodes?