old gas valve

Users who are viewing this thread

kent sutton

Reaction score
HI, I am replacing a gas dryer with an electric dryer. The gas valve on the gas line doesnt look like any I've ever seen at the hardware stores. I assume it is because it is so old. It looks like a rectangular tab over a round disk that fits on top of a brass fitting. It has a hole in the middle of it. (maybe to use a screwdriver to turn it) When I turn it, it rotates 360 degrees and just keeps turning endlessly. It doesn't appear to start comming out of the brass fitting pipe. Is this a valve that you turn perpendicular to the pipe to shut off and turn parrallel to the pipe to turn on? Or is it even a valve at all?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

It is hard to say from your description, but since it would not be AGA approved throw it away and install a new gas valve. It probably leaks anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks