Drain pipe overflowing

Users who are viewing this thread

sparkyrhett

Reaction score
Good morning. I have a Maytag wash machine that I have to stand by during the pumping cycle to turn off when the water gets to the top of the drain pipe. I allow the water to go down then turn the machine back on to finish the cycle. This does not happen all the time but most. Sometimes the water seems to go out at a slower rate, therefore not backing up. The washer is about 4 years old and has its own vent. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
There may be a partial blockage in the line somewhere if it was working fine up till now and the line needs to be snaked.

If you have always had the problem it may be the drain line is to small (1.5"). New washer drains are 2" and newer washers have faster pumps which can cause backups on the smaller drains.

You also may have galvanized drain pipe which has become restricted and is in need if snaking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks