Dual showerhead question

Users who are viewing this thread

Calistan

Reaction score
I should preface this with: first time posting. Hello! and sorry if there is a similar post around. I couldn't find it with 10min via search queries. Don't have a lot of experience with this stuff, but it's not above me to do it.

I want to install two different shower heads off of the original shower pipe that comes out of the wall. Guy at store called it a shower nipple?
My fiance doesn't like my high pressure shower head, and she wants a rain shower head. So what I want to do it remove my existing high pressure shower head, and attach on a diverter/Y-adapter etc (thats where I need help) that can allow me to attach a rain head (that has its own arm extension so it can aim more vertical), and then attach my high pressure shower head to the other male threading. I was hoping to be able to control which shower head would be in use. I assume the pressure would be too low (since it would be same pipe) if I used both at once.

Are there any simpler options to do this? or do I just need to throw out my shower head to make her happy till I can afford to do a master bath renovation.
Much Thanks/anyquestions?
-Calistan

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Almost every big box and/or hardware store has a diverter for the end of the shower arm which allows you to use the regular head or a hand held unit. It would be very difficult to use two regular shower heads because their connections would interfere with each other. The diverter is an either/or unit, NOT either/both.

Calistan

Reaction score
Almost every big box and/or hardware store has a diverter for the end of the shower arm which allows you to use the regular head or a hand held unit. It would be very difficult to use two regular shower heads because their connections would interfere with each other. The diverter is an either/or unit, NOT either/both.

And this is I've seen at most home improvement stores, But what I want is an either/or for the shower heads. I basically want a switch for the shower head. I don't want a handheld showerhead. I've seen alot of shower diverters that can do on/off respectively, but is there one for regular shower heads. or is there a Y piping like this that I can buy somewhere? http://www.showerbuddy.com/Showroom/Shower_Heads_/first_mate.gif