wolverine brass shower body..old vs new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknroj

Reaction score
thanks for reading.. After much research I figured out my shower valve as being a wolverine brass. They made a change in 2009 and use some different cartridges. From what I can tell the newer valve calls for a 3.25 cartridge and the older is 2.25.

kind of in a pinch as I don't want to pull the cartridge without a new one in hand...

they refer to the older one as being wide body and 35mm, the newer one is called compact, but no dimensions for me to find and check...

Anyone with experience in these and being able to tell the difference.. May take my measuring tape to it as a guess. Not finding any dimensional diagrams anywhere... the 2 cartridges 2.25" Wolverine Brass 85107w (pre 2009) 85660 newer cartridge 3.25 long

Not quite sure where to measure from.. The vendor told me to remove the valve to order. Me afraid that once out it won't go back in and work.

IMG_6470s.jpg
valve3.jpg
valve2.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
My old company used to use WB but I don't think I ever installed any shower valves. Have you tried calling them to see if they can help ID and possibly provided an OEM cartridge?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive never seen a WB , heard the name but never seen product Here is something ive done dozens of times buy both return unused one or simply toss in trash or junk drawer at home if you procastinate

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive never seen a WB , heard the name but never seen product Here is something ive done dozens of times buy both return unused one or simply toss in trash or junk drawer at home if you procastinate
Wolverine brass is a direct to plumber only wholesale distributor. Typically they supply high quality every day plumbing products and some really outdated fixtures/faucets to the service plumbing industry.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wolverine brass is a direct to plumber only wholesale distributor. Typically they supply high quality every day plumbing products and some really outdated fixtures/faucets to the service plumbing industry.
Kind of figured that I heard the name figured it would be like shower drains or tub over flows maybe p traps or wallhung faucets but never seen or heard of them in shower valves . I do come from mainly new contsruction background though and dabble in a bit of service work now

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks