Why was the shotzie988 thread closed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
I want to know why the shotzie988 thread was closed? Subject: "Need help with well pump"

I had something else to say. Like who is Sam? And what would putting in a new tank have to do with anything?

I feel violated.:confused:

bob...

Hube

Reaction score
speedbump. I think that person had originally asked for any info to be emailed to him. Maybe he got someone by the name of Sam to answer him via his Email.
I too, was curious as to this strange reply of his.
As to what the reason was to why the post was closed is up to the discression of the moderators.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I understand the moderator thing Hube, but I don't see any reason for the closing.

Maybe they'll let us know.

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I'd also like to know why the thread was closed and now who closed it, Terry?

If the new tank stopped the symptom of his problem, it was due to cleaning something in the plumbing or something else, because a new tank alone isn't going to fix the problem.

And since Sam emailed the idea to shotzie988, no one else can benefit from the reason etc..

Gary
Quality Water Associates

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
thread

I assume it was closed because he solved the problem. If he was running off the well without a tank, then he was limited to the pump's output, and the hose's capacity. If the pump delivered too much water the pressure switch would shut the pump off momentarily. Installing the tank, gives him the flow that he wants, until the tank's volume and pump input is depleted, and then he will be back to running off the pump's output, but even then the tank will act as a buffer and allow the pump to continue running.

Speedbump

Reaction score
My question is who would install a pump with a pressure switch and no tank in the first place?

If he/she had the right pump for the job he was trying to perform, without the switch the pump would run continuously which is what you would want as opposed to cycling it to death.

If I remember correctly he just wanted to run one hose bibb.

bob...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
shotzie988 asked to close it so you would know that her problem was fixed.

It was her way of letting you know what a good job you had done.
Terry Love

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Thanks Terry, that explains the closing of the thread.

HJ, here's what she said that led everyone astray but Sam: "I just installed a new foot vale and 2 set's of line 100 foot deep to a 1/2hp deep well pump Cut in and out are set at 40/60 when I first cut the water spiket on there is great pressure the it falls off the PSI holds at about 50 when the pressure or flow slows. all I have hooked to it is 2 water sprinklers and when they both are running the height of the water spray is about 5 foot high. What can I do? If I need to buy a better pump I will but I want water to fly out real good when turned on I worry when I build a house there I wount have enough water comming in to even shower if it acts likr this now with just water sprinklers hooked to it. It is running off 110 outlet if that helps".

Now since the pump gauge was showing 50 psi with a 40/60 switch, I don't see rapid cyclying, which is going to be prevented by installing a pressure tank but... adding the tank since it seems there was none, isn't going to get the 5' high water out the sprinklers to go higher except for the 'extra' 10 psi up to 60 psi when the pump shuts off but.... then the pressure falls again.

So IMO, the pump wasn't capable of delivering 60 psi, and the installation of any tank is not going to increase the pressure or the gpm of the pump and undoing the plumbing to install the tank cleared something so the pump works right now. But again, it has nothing to do with any tank (Sam). ;)

Bob, my thinking in the original thread was that as the sprinklers run, the water falls in the well and a 1/2 hp two line jet pump isn't going to do well with the j-body at 110'.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
This is the very reason the thread was closed; problem was solved and the thread starter got the correct knowledge (SAM) and no more second guessing can continue. Too often a thread goes into overthinking the problem. Happens easily on usernet forums. Most times the thread starter doesn't give full detail from the beginning......making for speculation.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
"Too often a thread goes into overthinking the problem. Happens easily on usernet forums. Most times the thread starter doesn't give full detail from the beginning......making for speculation"

I fully agree with the above Rugged, so explain Sam.

I have not seen anyone around here posting named Sam, especially the threads I have been replying to. So how did she get his name and email address if that's what really happened?

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Bob, that's not all... someone deleted your last post in this thread on Sat. It is supposed to be after the one you just replied to was posted RUGGED.

Someone is playing with you and/or me... Terry, any ideas who that might be and why?

Here is the copy of it that I received by email at 6:22 pm on Sat 8/20/05:
Hello Gary Slusser,

speedbump has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Why was the shotzie988 thread closed? - in the Pumps & Wells Forum forum of Terry Love's Plumbing & Remodel advice forum.

This thread is located at:
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3210&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
I agree Gary, if she has a jet at 100 + feet and the water is anywhere near that elevation a 1/2hp pump isn't going to work at all.

I'm extremely confused, unless this person just thinks she's fixed the problem.

bob...

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
Terry Love's Plumbing & Remodel advice forum team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I have no clue who "SAM" is....but I have created threads before and after I get my knowledge I don't care to hear the second guessing after the fact. Because sometimes you hear that what you chose to do was a mistake....and cost you twice. The continuing thread can be bothersome as it happened to me on a thread regarding a vehicle problem I once had. Look at the board when you first log on; you will see how many are viewing a forum, some on here don't participate in public. Not me, my PM function is disabled and done with good reason. Don't care for people asking me questions off the boards.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Missing messages

If there were missed messages on Sat, this would be the reason.

I was asked to change hosting services this month.
The one I"ve been on since 1996 has been bought out twice and the new owners thought I was getting too much traffic maybe?
I was hearing things like "your stuff didn't work on our platform" and if it's not moved by the 26th we turn the switch on it.

Anyway, on Saturday, I was in the middle of the DNS switching, meaning sometimes you were seeing the old forum and sometimes the new.

If you saw the old board and posted, the post would still be there, but since the DNS has now fully taken affect, only the new switched location is visible.

I was getting a little confused about it at times as to which board I was seeing.

I was talking to John Bridge about this the other day, the hosting and software problems. He has a good crew working on his hosting situation and I think I'm playing some catch up.
I started this switch Thursday and may have it completed by tonight?
The data is all there, I'm now waiting for all the DNS settings to kick in.
If you logged in at terrylove.com it should be fine now.
I have a few other domains that will be kicking in too.

I learned a few things this weekend about all this stuff. There are a few items left that are small, and I have to learn what the heck they are so I can tweak them.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Ok Gary, Rugged and Terry,

I guess we will never know for sure. I know things happen that are out of our control as I host a forum too. Not the caliber of this one, but the problems are still there.

Hopefully your sleepless nights will end soon Terry and we appreciate your forum.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for replying,

bob...

shotzie988

Reaction score
fROM SHOTZIE988

I ask for it to be closed ! SAM is his real name and he ask me not to tell his screen name so I will respect that. What I did befor posting the question was put all new pipe in and new foot vaule and jet and it only had a 10 Gal bladder on it so I was told to go buy a 120 gal bladder tank and remove the small one run the 1/2 hp deep well pump from the well to the tank the to the line to the house or faucet and I did now I have the cut on and off switch set at 50 psi on and 70 psi cut off and I have all the water pressure or volume I could even want. If you have any more questions just ask the total cost was $184 for the bladder tank :D

Speedbump

Reaction score
Ok Shotzie,

I won't argue with you about what fixed your problem. But what <you described> could not be remedied by installing a larger tank. And where did you buy that 120 gallon tank? I want to go there and buy a couple hundred of them for that price.
Lastly, how did you ask to have the thread closed? I didn't see that request anywhere.

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
I agree, adding a tank or replacing a tank wouldn't fix the problem.

What did fix the problem was draining the water and opening the plumbing (depressurizing the system), but the size of the tank is not the cure or the cause.

SAM and his supporters was and still is incorrect and should be embarrassed for causing you to spend $184.00 and the time it took to change the tanks. If you had no tank, a throttle back valve would have allowed the pump to run constantly as long as you didn't reduce the flow so it built up to the cut-off pressure setting (and you said it was running at 50 psi with 40/60 settings), and you could have prevented that by rasiing the pressure switch setting or removing the switch (SAM). You had some other problem that may return even though you have a new larger tank. It was probably inside the pump wet end or the j-body.

Pressure tanks do not increase pressure or flow.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

shotzie988

Reaction score
Shotzie988

speedbump said:
Ok Shotzie,

I won't argue with you about what fixed your problem. But what <you described> could not be remedied by installing a larger tank. And where did you buy that 120 gallon tank? I want to go there and buy a couple hundred of them for that price.
Lastly, how did you ask to have the thread closed? I didn't see that request anywhere.

bob...

He told me that I had the well line both return and suction running into the pump. I said well after about 15 sec the pressure fell to about 5 gal a Min so he told me to buy a holding tank I guess it the name so I went to home depot and bought the bigest one they had I think around 120 gal I ran the water into the storage tank that I was told would hold half of the water the tank size was so now when I cut the water on the punp starts pumping at around 60 and I never run low on flow unless I run it for a very long time. I hope you can understand the way I tell this because I dont know all the right names of thing all I know is I can turn on 2 water sprinklers and they will run full blast for 1 hour I know maybe more never tried it for longer :D Home Depot had them all you want at a price of $184.00 I got mine in Carrollton GA AS for closing the thread all I did was tell the moderatetor the trouble was fixed and would he please close the thread

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
I don't know what tank you bought at Home Depot. I do know you can't buy a 120 gallon equivelent tank anywhere "new" for that price or close to it.

There are so many things in your posts that make no sense that I don't know how anyone could have fixed the problem from what you have stated especially this mysterious SAM guy.

If you asked a moderator to close your post (I know I have asked this question before) why didn't we see the post?

There is something very fishy about this whole thing and this is the last post I will make regarding same.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks