Whole House Water Filter Backwards Plumbed

Users who are viewing this thread

DierStraits15

Reaction score
I recently moved into a new house with a 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter (https://www.theperfectwater.com/home-master-3-stage-sediment-iron-and-carbon-filter.html). The house is on a private well. Upon running into water flow/pressure issues, I started troubleshooting and have ultimately discovered that the whole house filter is plumbed backwards. The water flow, in reality, moves right-to-left. While the filters themselves are in the correct order (sediment, followed by iron, followed by carbon), the housings themselves and the pipes between them, which have arrows pointing left to right, indicate the flow of water is incorrect. The filters are radial flow.

I spoke with someone in customer service who told me not to worry but the manual for install explicitly states the following:

NOTE flow direction arrows on caps. Water flow must follow arrows or damage to filters or house may occur. You may unbolt housings from bracket and reorient if necessary.

Is a re-install necessary and could this be the culprit for my flow issues? Could this be causing excessive accumulation on the filters themselves that is leading to a blockage?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks