Would you install whole house filter to remove chlorine in pex b plumbed house?

Users who are viewing this thread

axxell

Reaction score
House is 3yr old in phoenix, plumbed with zurn with expansion rings. City water report shows the water is chlorinated with a range of .79ppm- .94ppm. Would you install a whole house filter to prevent long term chlorine damage to the pipes or feel it's unnecessary? Thanks

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
House is 3yr old in phoenix, plumbed with zurn with expansion rings. City water report shows the water is chlorinated with a range of .79ppm- .94ppm. Would you install a whole house filter to prevent long term chlorine damage to the pipes or feel it's unnecessary? Thanks
Probably a better question for those who made the pipe. They will probably know more about it. Finding the right person to talk to with them might be hard though.

Maybe find some literature on the brand of tubing. The rings aren't in contact with the water, the tubing itself is what you wanna look into.

axxell

Reaction score
Probably a better question for those who made the pipe. They will probably know more about it. Finding the right person to talk to with them might be hard though.

Maybe find some literature on the brand of tubing. The rings aren't in contact with the water, the tubing itself is what you wanna look into.
Thanks. Yeah it's 5306 rated which I believe is the highest chlorine résistance rating but does that mean it won't degrade? No idea haha. Yeah I will reach out to zurn and see if they have any opinion on the filters.

Slomoola

Reaction score
Forget the pipe issue. What about the health one for you and your family? Would be a bonus to cover the pipe too. If you have room I would install one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks