What's the max I should run my well pressure switch at?

Users who are viewing this thread

NIFARON

NIFARON
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing a new deep well pump, and based on the math I should be able to get over 100 psi at the well head. Most pressure switches are 30/50 or 40/60 - I'm sure there is good reason for that, but since I'll be plumbing into new 250psi rated lines, is there any reason I can't - or shouldn't - try and run at say, 80/100? 70/90?

This will mainly be used for watering livestock, watering gardens, and washing cars, so the extra pressure would sure be nice.

Thanks!
Aaron

P.S. If a mod reads this - I typo'd my username as NIFRON, it should be NIFARON. Can it be changed?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I tried to change your username, could only effect the "title". I think you will have to change the user name yourself.

Anyway you can turn the pressure up as high as your pump can supply. Regular switches go to about 50/70 max, but I have some pressure switches that go up to 400 PSI if you want. Just have to make sure the pump can do it. And increasing the pressure switch setting decreases the drawdown amount from the pressure tank. If you have a large enough pump I can get you a 130/150 pressure switch and 140 PSI constant pressure from a CSV. That way you can wash cars right from the garden hose. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks