whats causeing leaks in copper water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

vamunda

Reaction score
iam on a slab had a leak in water line from water pit to house leak was under house had it fixed 2 weeks later had another leak within 4 feet of first
iam going to have the whole incoming line replaced but worried about the rest of plumbing under house the first leak was pitted from outside of pipe. is there anything i can do to prevent the rest of plumbing from leaking

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As I understand it, copper in/under a slab should be protected before the concrete is poured to help isloate it from the ground and concrete. What most people do when they have leaks in the slab supply lines is move them either into the walls, or into the attic. The attic is often easier, but depending on where you live, can be problematic either because the attic gets really hot or very cold. They can be run in the walls, or in a small chase near the ceiling, too. Depends on the house's layout, climate, and your preferences.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Other than total replacement of the lines under the slab there is nothing you can do to stop leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks