What type of system is this and can anyone name the parts to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
By the way, i bought a water pressure gauge tester since I have a spigot/bib coming off the well pipes and it was 48 psi. I also filled up a 5 gallon bucket and it took 40 seconds...What would tell me about my sprinkler flow with the zone or what not.
What did the other gauge read when your test gauge read 48?

As you discovered, your spigot cannot flow at high GPM due to the size of the opening so it is apples to oranges comparing it to your sprinkler system. You would need to replace it with a full port ball valve to measure higher GPM.

JerryR

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I will try that.

Thanks alot. I am going to do that tomorrow.

By the way, i bought a water pressure gauge tester since I have a spigot/bib coming off the well pipes and it was 48 psi. I also filled up a 5 gallon bucket and it took 40 seconds...What would tell me about my sprinkler flow with the zone or what not.

That measurement alone doesn’t tell you much. I bet with the pump disconnected you would probably fill the 5 gallon bucket in less than a minute due to bladder tank stored pressure and water that’s in it.

Once again I recommend you have your well company come out and check out your Pump system and irrigation system. Have the tech teach you how it works and how to maintain it.

Jim Bob

Reaction score
That measurement alone doesn’t tell you much. I bet with the pump disconnected you would probably fill the 5 gallon bucket in less than a minute due to bladder tank stored pressure and water that’s in it.

Once again I recommend you have your well company come out and check out your Pump system and irrigation system. Have the tech teach you how it works and how to maintain it.

Irrigation company or water treatment company?

JerryR

Reaction score
Irrigation company or water treatment company?

Im fortunate that my well drilling company does everything from well drilling , water treatment and irrigation services. They come out every month to deliver salt, chlorine and verify everything is working ok. They always remove the aerator top, inspect the tank and verify the aerator system is working properly. They verify the water softener timer is set correctly. Add salt and chlorine. Fill my chlorine tank and verify it’s pumping properly. They only bill me for salt and chlorine. It averages $20/mo. Salt is billed at $10/bag and $8.50 for 2.5 gallons of liquid chlorine. My system injects chlorine into the aerator tank any time water enters the aerator to kill sulphur bacteria. Then it goes through a carbon filter that removes the chlorine before it goes to the house.

I’d start with calling water medic https://watermedicofcapecoral.com/services/ to completely go over your water treatment system plus verify that your well can produce the Volume of water needed to run your irrigation system.

They may be able to also work on your irrigation system or at least recommend an irrigation company.

Jim Bob

Reaction score
Take the top off the aerator tank. There should only be a couple of screws holding it down. Then look inside to see if there’s any sediment at the bottom or if there’s any gunk, algae etc on the tank walls.

To clean the tank take the top off and

1- unplug the solenoid and unplug the tank pump wire from the wall outlet.

2- Drain the tank with the ball valve at the bottom and scrub out the tank walls while it’s draining.

3- Connect a hose at the hose bib at the bottom of your picture. That’s supplied by the well pump so you should be able to use it to rise out the tank. You may need to scrub the sides of the tank more to get gunk off.

4- When done rinsing close the ball valve and plug in the solenoid but not the tank pump. The well pump should turn on and water should be coming out of the aerator nozzles. Let the tank fill completely through the aerator nozzles.

5- Once the aerator tank is full then plug in the tank pump plug and you should be good to go.

good luck and report back.

Hey, finaly got around to cleaning it, was pretty gross. Thanks for the nice guide. Do you have a guide on to how to clean and put in salt to brine tank? Just opened mine and there's no salt with some brownish dirt on bottom.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Salt is not 100% pure so if the packaging indicates 99.7% pure, there can be 3 lbs of debris remaining for every 1000 lbs salt added to the tank. For this reason, the brine tank should be cleaned and sanitized every few years.

Dump out the remaining liquid contents and wash the tank with a brush and dish detergent solution followed by freshwater rinsing, a weak bleach solution rinse and rinse with fresh water again.

Remember to add the appropriate quantity of fresh water + 0.5 gallons before adding salt in preparation for the next upcoming regeneration. If you plan to regenerate directly afterwards, allow at least 1.5 hours to allow sufficient salt to dissolve before initiating the regen cycle.

The additional 0.5 gallons is in anticipation of the amount of fluid that will always remain in the brine tank after the brine has been drawn during Brine Draw.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks