What to use to replace/ repair drainpipe

Users who are viewing this thread

adiner

Reaction score
Hello all,

To keep a long story short, there is a bit of lead drain pipe that runs into the sewer lines for a second sink. It had been clogging with some frequency and I have tried to put a manual snake down but it can't get further than a few inches because the residual solder in the pipe blocks most of the opening. At the risk of embarrassing myself, and to keep a long story short, a futile attempt to remove said solder led to a drill bit falling down the pipe. Stupidity aside, I now have two problems and was thinking of removing the lead pipe slightly below where the solder is and attaching a piece of flexible tubing to the rest of the s trap that originally ran into the pipe. However, from other posts I have read here and elsewhere, it seems that flexible pipe is not code compliant. I have tried just about everything to remove the buildup including holding a soldering iron to it and trying to chisel it out and that isn't helping (I think I perforated the top of pipe slightly from chiseling, so now three problems). There is a fernco coupler that originally held the PE drainpipe to the lead drainpipe, but if I cut the lead drainpipe off lower, it would be at an angle and a couple inches from the rest of the trap. Y drains wouldn't work unless there is a capped version. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
IMG_5141[1].JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks