What is the right type of flange extender/spacer that can be used with a cast iron flange ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
I was watching a video about installing toilets and this guy is saying that there is a special flange extender that you need to use if you have a cast iron flange
Here is the link to the exact moment when he is saying this.
I have the white rings flange extender kit that is is using in the next sequences of that vide so I am not sure if is is referring to the black rings he is holding in his hands at the moment when he is saying that or he is referring to that model in general (two rings with screws and adhesive gaskets)

So I am confused -I am not sure if I am using the right rings

This is what I have
j8xzXPz.png

Mini Me

Reaction score
not sure how that helps other than that I know that there is ppl older than me onthis forum :))

Mini Me

Reaction score
It seems that Fernco Wax Free toilet seal could be a much better solution for me as I do not need the spacer rings and having them flush or level is not a concern anymore as far as I understand

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks