Toilet flange replacement ABS

Users who are viewing this thread

Gouverbe

Reaction score
Hi,

I discovered that a terrible flange job causing leaking in my bathroom basement. The flange was really not even (1.5 inch difference) and the bolt where not at the right place.

Thus I took of the flange and I am planning on putting a new one.

However while taking off the old glued flange i did a few dent in the exterior pipe with both my saw and chisel. You should be able to see the chisel dent in the 2bd picture and the saw dent on the left of this picture.

the chisel did not go all the way through and I don’t this the saw either. I think It went 1/8 of an inch max

My plan is to put a new flange twist and set and hopefully the gasket should be below those dent so no water should encounter those.

For extra precaution I wanted to fill those dent to make sure no water could pass through. What should I use ? ABS cement glue ?

Also I’m a bit worried about those dent but of course I can’t replace the pipe because it’s in the concrete… looking forward to your tips. If I just screwed up and should call a plumber don’t hesitate to say so also!!

Thank you for your advices

Attachments

• 29894E6F-D3DC-4FF9-906B-217BBA6D6F4E.jpeg
    29894E6F-D3DC-4FF9-906B-217BBA6D6F4E.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DCD4EF0A-3C98-44B2-8331-737985D92ECC.jpeg
    DCD4EF0A-3C98-44B2-8331-737985D92ECC.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks