What dual handle shower control to get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tfield98

Reaction score
For ease of use, we're going to have a local plumber replace an old Price Pfister one-knob shower control with a dual handle control (one for temperature and one for water flow.)

Only one person uses this shower.

This is a basement bath in a faded bath/shower surround. We aren't bargain hunting. We want something that is smooth (low friction) and ergonomically designed for ease of use. But it definitely need not have an expensive designer look and finish. Protection from scalding would be nice too.

Any suggestions (link?) on a specific product? I see that Delta has its Linden and Lahara (?) models. Are these reasonable, or should we step up to something a bit higher-end?

Any suggestions on approximately what this should cost in Seattle or how many hours it might take if rear access is pretty good?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Grohe has some 2-handle stuff. I have a now discontinued thermostatically controlled external mount tub/shower unit at home. I put a Delta temp/volume valve in my mother's house, and to me, it fairly quickly became a bit stiff to operate. Note, many of them in the same brand tend to use the same cartridge, but the knob size and shape differs. That can make a huge difference in how easy it is to turn because of the length of the lever or diameter of the knob...bigger=easier to turn, regardless of the actual valve or brand installed.