Wet venting a dead leg

Users who are viewing this thread

dhurst12

Reaction score
In Ohio, is this a acceptable method of venting the two floor drains. The vent is less than 10' from the second drain connection. The cleanout is in a basement. The main is 4" dia. The floor drains are 3" dia.

Capture.JPG

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
it might be a combination waste vent system look into the rules on that

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The ipc has some provisions that allow arrangements like this. The floor drain pipe sizes need to be increased to allow this, but I do believe it's allowed. I'd have to look to find any of the specifics.

Generally good plumbing doesn't allow this, but the ipc I'm pretty sure does allow it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
actually some wiered stuff allowed on continuis waste. I didnt mention the trap arm offset because I Think there are situations that may allow it , and the crude drawing might not be accurate but Id review the whole situation Im thinking its probebly not legal .

Whats the issue are you building this or is it in current use? generally Id avoid a system like this Last time I looked it up I saw it required submital to AHJ, aproval and desighned by a professional if I recall corectly. Im not sure whgich code I was looking at. If you are serious let us know all pertinet info

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks