Wet Bar

Users who are viewing this thread

Pop Smoke

Reaction score
I’m completing the half-finished wet bar in our basement but having trouble with the drain setup. The previous owners had a drain line roughed in under the bottom center cabinet that runs up behind a finished wall and upper cabinets to the main floor. I can see into the ceiling joists through a gap in the adjacent unfinished maintenance room and the basement sink drain appears to be run up to underneath the upstairs kitchen sink where it’s capped off. The bar drain line isn’t connected to anything else even though it runs near the kitchen sink drain line. Is it ran that way to prevent backflow from the main drain line due to gravity? Hard to get good pics due to limited space but this is the capped line upstairs. The 1 pipe is the bar drain line and the 2 is the kitchen sink drain. TIA.
IMG_2982.jpeg
IMG_2981.jpeg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
top picture looks like under a sink bottom picture pipe 1 looks like a vent for the barsink in basement . anything else i dont know

Pop Smoke

Reaction score
top picture looks like under a sink bottom picture pipe 1 looks like a vent for the barsink in basement . anything else i dont know
That’s correct. The top picture is the other end of pipe one, which runs from the wet bar to the kitchen sink upstairs and is capped. Would it vent into the cabinet under the kitchen sink?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
ok so yea top picture is under the new bar sink pipe with cap is for the ptrap . pipe 1 is vent ok .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks