Well pump replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Valofthenorth

Reaction score
I’m going to be replacing my submersible well pump and I’m wondering if there’s a way to tell the horsepower rating without pulling pump. There are no tags or markings of well depth or pump size. But I believe it to be 200’ or less it’s connected to 1”poly pipe 2 wire system

Reach4

Reaction score
You can get close by measuring the current while the pump is pumping. Use a clamp-around ammeter around one hot wire.

7 gpm 3/4 HP would be a guess for a house, knowing no more. 3/4 would be about 6.8 amps typically.

Try looking down the well with a bright flashlight at night, or directing the sun down the well with a mirror in the day. You can also drop an ice cube to get some idea of how far the water is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks