Weenies!

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidTu

Reaction score
Will a 4" weenie (aka double-long test ball) work in a 3" pipe? I rented a 3" weenie and it seemed sufficiently smaller than the 3" pipe to make me question it. I can justify purchasing a 4" if it'll work for both sizes. So am I in luck?

Dugfresh

Reaction score
Instead of a weenie, we mostly use http://newsite.cherneind.com/Pneumatic/Clean_Seal/ . I just loaned out a test ball and a clean seal to a customer so he could test. When I came back to get them, there was water all over the basement floor from the test ball none from the clean seal.

But to answer your question, I've found that trying to stuff a 4" weenie into a 3" pipe doesn't work. The above mentioned 3-4" weenie will work for both.

In all cases use a tire pump with a pressure guage and inflate the balloon to the specified pressure. Not enough pressure and you won't seal, too much it will explode.

DavidTu

Reaction score
Well I got the 3" but turns out the old cast iron is actually larger than 3"... I guess it is a 3.5" CO so the 3" worked but leaked the whole time. I will now return it and get a 4" which has a range starting at 3.5" so should work better.

Btw, the product gives incredible warnings of death and other horrors... didn't know any of that when I rented one... but getting it new gives all the warnings. What is the danger of these things? Just if you over inflate it or is it that it will launch like a bullet from back pressure or what? OR just more CYA stuff from lawyers?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks