Water Softener To Add Salt ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Sunmeadow

Reaction score
This is 2nd Opinion Question if You Will .. We just recently had the 3 main filters to our RO System replaced and at the same time they checked the Water Quality and if the WS was Softening the Water (It Was ) But Hardness & Iron Content is a Big Issue in our Rural Area.. They Adjusted the Settings , prior to doing so the previous settings were 775 gal. or 14 days , which ever came first and we'd go through a bag of Salt Pellets in 5 weeks.. The settings were changed to 1,350 gal. or 7 days.. I would wait till I saw water poking through the Salt before adding more Salt.. But this time around we had gone 11 weeks and did not see any water poke through.. But the Salt level had gone down as well as the Resin level in the Applicator.. At this point Both Windsor Salt & Sifto Salt are on Strike and we had to switch to Sifto Chrystal's as the Pellet stocks were Depleted .. I added some more Chrystal's... My Query is , Are the new Settings off , we are 2 Adults in this Household ?? I have been using a long stemmed Phillips Screw Driver to poke down into the Salt making sure it's Loose.. Thoughts Opinions Appreciated, Cheers Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks