Water Softener Settings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Sunmeadow

Reaction score
Our Water Softener was installed 12 years ago (Mfg name on the Unit SimplyH20 which I believe nolonger Exists??) We live in a Rural Area in Eastern Ontario where Hardness & Iron Content are a Big Issue.. Along with switching to Sifto Salt Crystals from Windsor Salt Pellets due to Strike & Supply Availability. Adjustments were made to the Settings that Activates the Re Gen process. We are 2 Adults living in this House and use approximately just shy of 400 gals a week.. Previously the Settings were 775 gals / 14 days , due to change in Hardness the new Settings are 1350 gals / 7 Days.. We are trying to understand the Change in the Settings as it affects the Adding of Salt..(???)

Bannerman

Reaction score
Post a photo of the unit's control head. If there is a cover, remove it if possible and include that photo in addition to a photo of the backside of the control valve.

What is the unit's total softening capacity if known? If not known, state the dimensions of the resin tank such as 10" diameter X 54" high, or 9"X 48".

Since you mention rural and iron, that implies a private well vs a municipal water supply.

Do you have a lab test report you can post? A comprehensive lab report will indicate water conditions such as the amount of iron, magnesium, pH etc.

As you mentioned a recent change in hardness, what caused that to occur? How was your hardness level measured? What is the hardness amount in grains per gallon? Did the amount of iron also change?

Sunmeadow

Reaction score
Post a photo of the unit's control head. If there is a cover, remove it if possible and include that photo in addition to a photo of the backside of the control valve.

What is the unit's total softening capacity if known? If not known, state the dimensions of the resin tank such as 10" diameter X 54" high, or 9"X 48".

Since you mention rural and iron, that implies a private well vs a municipal water supply.

Do you have a lab test report you can post? A comprehensive lab report will indicate water conditions such as the amount of iron, magnesium, pH etc.

As you mentioned a recent change in hardness, what caused that to occur? How was your hardness level measured? What is the hardness amount in grains per gallon? Did the amount of iron also change

Sorry ... Not enough Tech Savvy to provide photos.... The Square Unit is an All in One style.. (Cylinder, Salt & Resin Applicator..) Metered Initiation , 30,000 Grains ..(Digital 1"X3" Screen ,3 Button Control . Select Change in Settings Up / Down buttons)Basically why I'm curious is the previous settings to activate the ReGen process was 775gal or 14 days , we'd go through a Bag of Salt in 5 weeks .. New settings 1350gal or 7 days .. I'd only add salt when I saw water poking through the salt, with new settings we went 11 weeks an no water poking through is all.. The Salt level had gone down a good 7" and the Resin Applicator Reservoir had gone down as well.. On top of all that presently I'm working on our 2nd bag of Chrystal Salt as Windsor Pellets stocks have been depleted due to their Strike.. Don't know if that would have any baring switching pellets to chrystals (??) Is all

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks