Water Pressure Low After new Shower Valve Install

Users who are viewing this thread

vanDIY

Reaction score
Final update:

CasaInc sent me new check valves (the small circles that the water was coming out of in the images and videos above). I was expecting to receive a completely new valve body. However, I removed the existing ones, whcih i hadnt done yet, and wouldn't you know it a little bit of wood shavings plugged in that hot water side. I flushed it out, reinserted the check valves... and it's working! I actually did consider this, but didn't find the culprit until now:

The cartridge being jammed with something seems possible. The valve came assembled and I have not tried to take it apart yet. All I can think of is that once I had it in place I did drill one more hole in the stud above so there was some sawdust that landed on it and maybe some got inside... we'd be talking falling a few feet into an opening the size of a 1/2" pex fitting, but maybe that's all it takes! In that case it would have come in from the shower outlet opening.

So in the end, user error... although perhaps not all valves clog that easily, I don't know. Feels a little silly to have gone through all this and in the end sawdust was the problem... but glad to have it working. Thanks all for your help!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
glad it worked out very common to get wood inside the piping and act up in such way

Azamudio

Reaction score
Final update:

CasaInc sent me new check valves (the small circles that the water was coming out of in the images and videos above). I was expecting to receive a completely new valve body. However, I removed the existing ones, whcih i hadnt done yet, and wouldn't you know it a little bit of wood shavings plugged in that hot water side. I flushed it out, reinserted the check valves... and it's working! I actually did consider this, but didn't find the culprit until now:

So in the end, user error... although perhaps not all valves clog that easily, I don't know. Feels a little silly to have gone through all this and in the end sawdust was the problem... but glad to have it working. Thanks all for your help!
Hi, I’m having the same issue with my Casanic valve but on the cold water side, how did you remove the check valves? I cannot find anything when searching.
Thank you!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
look at your instructions? contact customer support? I installed one didnt have problems worked fine , but Terry made a Post about them and so did another , To which I agree stick to name brand as this isnt about a cheap valve its about an expensive repair job down the road just a risk in my opinion but its a valid opinion and Id maybe concider it on a flip house.
It should be easy to remove cartridge and its possible the stops are plugged

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks