Water leak in concrete wall...

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYourselfer

Reaction score
I have water dripping from the second floor ceiling which is concrete. Above it is a shower on the 3rd floor. The shower walls are tiled and the walls behind them are concrete. Is the discoloration on the tiles in the pictures below water damage? If so would the valve be a good place to start opening the wall?

Thank You

faskCUL.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have water dripping from the second floor ceiling which is concrete. Above it is a shower on the 3rd floor.

The drip is where you should start looking for the problem.

Is the discoloration caused by condensation or is that coming through the tile itself?

When tracking down a problem like this, use a thorough process of elimination before opening anything. Find out what happens when you operate any shower and when. Be systematic about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks