Leak from drop ear in wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Captain_aubvious

Reaction score
My shower has had a slow drip forever. I finally decided to take the shower head and also the arm off tonight. The leak is still taking place without the arm attached. There is a slow drip from the drop ear in the wall, which the arm screws into. What would cause this? Were I to leave the arm off, it would then drip down behind the wall. Therefore until I understand the cause, I will be keeping the arm attached and letting it drip into the shower as it has been doing. Any suggestions?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
cracked , split fitting bad solder joint whatever it is fix accordingly at most replace the fitting

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
My shower has had a slow drip forever. I finally decided to take the shower head and also the arm off tonight. The leak is still taking place without the arm attached. There is a slow drip from the drop ear in the wall, which the arm screws into. What would cause this? Were I to leave the arm off, it would then drip down behind the wall. Therefore until I understand the cause, I will be keeping the arm attached and letting it drip into the shower as it has been doing. Any suggestions?
Is the issue that the drip is coming out of the shower head or was the drip in the wall? If the the dripping was out of the shower head, then the issue is with the valve stems or cartridge that is not shutting off all the way or allowing water to pass by when in the closed position.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
captain is that true you mean to say it was dripping from the shower head, and you actually unscrewed the shower arm ? Hello!!!!!

Reach4

Reaction score
1. slow drip forever, or only while running water or for a while after?

2. Do you have tub spout in addition to the shower head?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks