Walk in tub drain

Users who are viewing this thread

tnman

Reaction score
I am planning the rough in for a small bathroom install on a concrete slab for a friend. This bathroom will include a walk in tub with a 2 inch drain assembly already installed. I am trying to lessen the time it takes for this tub to drain. I am thinking of using a 3 inch p trap with a 3 inch drain (vented of course). Would this speed up the draining time? and what about the code situation?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
If the drain hole is for a 2" drain assembly, it will not drain any faster than a 2" drain. If you try to drill out the drain for a 3", it will be difficult to or impossible to find a 3" drain with a stopper, plus it be hard to seal up the drain hole from leaking.

You do not want to increase the drain flow where as you can overwhelm the system and get a back up further down the line. What makes you think it will drain slow? Will it be all new drain line to the main or using and old drain already below the concrete. Does this walk in have a tradition tub drain with a stopper?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the water drains slowly with the existing 2" drain, maybe the line is clogged??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks