Utility Sink Draining into Washer P-Trap/Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Zennifer

Reaction score
This is the "wet wall" in our laundry room. It's 5' wide, and we'd like to add a utility sink on the right side. I've seen on here that we can attach the laundry sink drain right to the washer drain, in red (extending if needed to get the 30" minimum distance between the top of the washer drain stack and the top of the pipe after the ptrap.)
We also need to do the supply lines to the sink, which are on the left side. Any issues you see in getting them over to the right side? (There's some wonky electrical stuff we will be taking care of, and all the stuff around the base of the cleanout/drain is laundry detergent we haven't cleaned up yet.)
Finally, once we are done, we are going to drywall- my dad suggested we move the plastic to the other side of the copper, make sure it is all sealed against the fiberglass, and then add an air return vent at the top and bottom of that stud cavity. Thoughts on if that will keep the lines from freezing?
Thanks!
IMG_1702.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
what 30 inch minimum? you mean the maximum distance from sink tailpiece to the stanpipe? something very differant

Zennifer

Reaction score
The one shown in this picture:

index.php

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
ok so read that carefully and make sure your stanpipe is 30 inch minimum .

Zennifer

Reaction score
I can extend the washer drain pipe up, correct? (It does need to go higher- we are moving the drywall bracing studs up (none of the 2x4 are structural- just a fake wall.)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
when you cut the standpipe and glue tee on youll be able to seee that minimum amount you need. my code has a max of 30 inches yours is minimum of 30 not all codes make much sence to me

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks