Unions. Yes or NO?

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The best way to make more money plumbing is to stop plumbing and start running your company.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While cutting corners and working too fast should be avoided as it often ends up being unsafe and producing a poor result, telling someone who is skilled to not work to their capability is one reason jobs migrate to overseas and unskilled labor, cutting your own throat. If finishing early is thought to be a problem, consider asking for a premium. Conversely, you should be penalized for finishing late. Milking a job just because you can is, in my mind, fraud. If the goal is to not make a slower, but qualified worker look good, tough. Not everyone is created equal, and never will be. Some vertically challenged people just never will make it in the pro basketball leagues, and it follows in life. Make the best of what you have, and don't mock those who have lesser capabilities. Paying everyone the same just forces mediocrity and stiffles innovation and productivity.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Geez NH Master... Looks like McCain pulled of the ultimate Coup d'état picking Sarah Palin as his VP running mate...:eek:

The Dems are kicking themselves hard today!

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
Geez NH Master... Looks like McCain pulled of the ultimate Coup d'état picking Sarah Palin as his VP running mate...:eek:

The Dems are kicking themselves hard today!

Sarah who???????? Exactly!

USAflag.gif
Union Made!

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
she is nothing like the CLINTONS

Yup not a bit of dirt to be found...
Cept maybe the state trooper brother in law...
Not like them skeletons jangling in Clintons closet

Skeletons in the closet is not really not the right term to
describe Hillory Clinton...

more like bodies in the rose garden...

If Hillory would have been the choice for VP,

Obama had better get himself a food taster...

She would do anything to get him out of the way...

just ask the family of Vince Foster...... (remember him)

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What... was that too soon? :rolleyes:

I'm votin for the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Anybody hearing anything about the DNC...
All the stuff I'm seeing is about McCain and his running mate...

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
Redwood, quit posting your hack work.

pvcbending.jpg

pvcbending.jpg
Why union's are important. (Redwood pro non-union install hack job)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There is only one guy on this forum that advocates torching PVC pipe and bending it...:cool:
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23137

If you can't make pipe straight with fittings you could carefully heat pipe and form so it it straight with wall. It's done alot on slabs where the waste is penetrating thru concrete and is not perfectly plumb. This is provided you don't have alot to bend.

Why do I always feel compelled to point out bad advice that is offered by a psycho...

Last edited:

Brother

Reaction score
Im not a plumber, but i find this thread interesting over union and non union workers.

Ive always supported unions, even though there is 'abuse' in some areas, overall the unions have helped bring about better wages and health insurance and standard of living for all, both union and non union.
I would hate to see what it would be without unions. Its funny to see/hear about Wal mart fighting to keep unions out.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Redwood, quit posting your hack work.

Why union's are important. (Redwood pro non-union install hack job)

Restore Union's back to the common person.

So thats what it looks like when you heat and bend PVC...
I guess thats why I don't do it...
I just find it hard to believe that you would argue so hard about doing it when it clearly is not allowed.

I like the idea of restoring unions to the common man...
Perhaps if that could be done there might actually be a reason for the common man to join...
Frankly the thought of paying dues to support the lifestyle of a union fat cat is disgusting to me...
I'll negotiate my own deal! Thanks but no thanks.

I find it kind of funny that you being a good union organizer would actually post about the achilles heel of the union.
Clearly they have gone from representing the rank and file member,
to providing for themselves...
Sad....

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nice post RW, but please don't blame your hack work on me. Remember, wealth is created by labor therefore wealth should go to labor.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Damn, that picture is pathetic.

One of my customers "was" a union president until last wednesday.

Settlement talks always start in september and they ousted this guy for a simple mistake of checking a box stating the equipment production line was properly functioning when in retrospect it was not.

He has a family of 4, a wife. He's on his own along with the few thousand he had to get together to get an attorney.

Attorney states that if he wins, he gets all his wages compensated and his job back...but the attorney made no promises.

He said if the guy in arbitration is having a bad hair day, it could go either way, depending on how much evidence he needs to compile to bring a strong case.

Bottom line, it didn't matter his level of stature in that union. 17 years and WHAM! you're a casualty.

He's talking about getting a commercial driver's license or better yet, pumping shit out of port-o-lets because it's paid vacation, paid health insurance.

Well, think about it; ever think of the dangers of pumping a port-o-let is?

This guy is pretty sure he's out of a job, at least the context of looking for another job sounded serious, and he implied that being 44 really makes it harder as the work force discriminates.

He's already got a situation whereby he gets chemo treatments for his liver problem and was working 4-10's, not working a 5 day work week. Another reason for the union to axe this guy. That's right, I said union.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I just don't think there is any comedy if you are one of his victims...

Opps I mean customers...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks