Undo plugged well?

Users who are viewing this thread

nc73

Reaction score
What is that?

Any casing?

Are they taking steps to make the well not useful for drinking or lawn watering for fear that your city water bill would go down?

That's the geo pipe and is grouted with no casing. I don't have city water. Another well was dug, I think because the old one was low production and somehow the pump was stuck in it. It was before i purchased it. BTW plugging the old well is for environmental reasons.

Reach4

Reaction score
If it is a round-trip u-shaped pipe for heat transfer, why do you need two wells?

Why not make the well also useful for household use, or is one geothermal-only and the other for water to use?

nc73

Reaction score
If it is a round-trip u-shaped pipe for heat transfer, why do you need two wells?

Why not make the well also useful for household use, or is one geothermal-only and the other for water to use?
each well is 1.25 tons capacity, but it will be grouted so heat transfer or rejection can occur. I already have a working water well. Yup correct the 2 new ones is just for geo. 2400 per 200ft, a drinking well would cost almost 10k here, with pump, etc.

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
Price and progress sounds reasonable..(my 2 hour drilling time was just drilling estimate, no setup or installing and grouting loop)....make sure they do it right, grout pumped from bottom up. The grouting is often a corner cut that saves time/money, but it is important for good thermal conductivity.

nc73

Reaction score
Price and progress sounds reasonable..(my 2 hour drilling time was just drilling estimate, no setup or installing and grouting loop)....make sure they do it right, grout pumped from bottom up. The grouting is often a corner cut that saves time/money, but it is important for good thermal conductivity.
They are doing it right, i saw the tremie pipe being used from bottom up. it's a family business, started 40 years ago.

nc73

Reaction score
Well I got a guy to come out with his little kubota and trenched to the house so I can run the pipes for Geothermal. Socket fusion sure is easy. It's up and running. Efficiency is down a bit due to closed loop. Running pump and dump (open loop) was great but of course the money spent in pumping would wipe any efficiency savings.