Uncommon Pressure Switch Setup - Need Help

Users who are viewing this thread

rwhite1

Reaction score
Evening/Morning,

I bought a place with a well - 54' - there is not a "traditional" pressure tank. Instead there is some form of inline small holding/pressure tank. Last couple days I've had problems with water pressure. At this point, the pump runs, pushes plenty of water, but the switch sees no pressure and thus, the pump doesn't shut off unless stopped via the breaker it's on.

I tried to attach a picture but it's too big. There is nylon tubing that runs up from the "shelf" where the piping sits. It T's right before the pressure switch. One leg feeds the pressure switch directly. One leg then goes to a separate gauge and terminates with a plug.

The tubing, down in the casing, connects to a small 1"x1" cube via a compression fitting. That cube then attaches via pipe thread to a tube approximately 12" long - inside that 12" tube is a plastic "sock".

What is this tube and plastic "sock" called? The sock is sealed, non-permeable. Are the serviceable? Require replacement every so often? I ask because the tubing and piping up near the pressure switch is "burped" and no air is present. Yet I get no pressure to the pressure switch or gauge. The pump runs and puts out pressure. just nothing registers.

Anyone have any ideas about how to get pressure to register?

Reach4

Reaction score
Reduce the photo to 900 pixels max, and encode as a JPEG/JPG.

Is there maybe a check valve (one way valve) in the path?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The pump is what builds pressure. Either the pump is not working properly or the pipe is broken somewhere. Use "Paint" and resize your picture to like 25% and try to post again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks