Tub to shower change drain and vent

Users who are viewing this thread

tjrobinson

Reaction score
This is the drain and vent I would like to change as I am going from a tub to a shower pan. The vent currently run straight through the wye and the drain is thru the wye. The next picture shows how the vent goes thru the wall and the third shows the vent is nearly in the right location for the shower drain.

I am wondering can I have the drain where the vent is currently and have the vent come off the wye? I would cut out the wye and move back(bottom of picture) to give room for the 2" trap. For the vent I would rotate the current vent to the right of the picture so it would go into a 22.5 to 45 to wye. The last picture is my attempt to draw what I am describing.

Is there any issues with my plan? Is there any other recommendation to accomplish the project.

current.jpg

full.jpg

PXL_20231204_231327434.jpg

proposed.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks