Toto Drake 1.28 review

Users who are viewing this thread

nole

Reaction score
I had my house built in 2018. Scoured the internet for best toilets in this low water flow era of toilets. Terry Love’s toilet reviews were extremely helpful. I asked the builder for a Toto Drake 1.6 and he said he would acquire them from South Carolina. Well, 3 Toto Drake 1.28gpf were installed. 5 years later, zero issues and the quality is amazing. I travel for a living, notice splash back and other unmentionable problems with builder grade toilets. Toto Drake even with water efficiency still perform above the rest. Spend the extra $50-$100 and buy it once/buy it for life.
Also, my dad is a plumber and he couldn’t recommend Toto Toilets high enough

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yep. We replaced some of our old water guzzlers with Drakes; a couple 1.6s and one 1.28. They all flush great!

saltypretzels

Reaction score
I had my house built in 2018. Scoured the internet for best toilets in this low water flow era of toilets. Terry Love’s toilet reviews were extremely helpful. I asked the builder for a Toto Drake 1.6 and he said he would acquire them from South Carolina. Well, 3 Toto Drake 1.28gpf were installed. 5 years later, zero issues and the quality is amazing. I travel for a living, notice splash back and other unmentionable problems with builder grade toilets. Toto Drake even with water efficiency still perform above the rest. Spend the extra $50-$100 and buy it once/buy it for life.
Also, my dad is a plumber and he couldn’t recommend Toto Toilets high enough
Have you used the updated Toto Drake with the 1.28 gpf tornado flush? Curious how its performance compares to the older models. It seems like the Gerber Avalanche and Viper have also updated to their own version of tornado flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks