Toto Drake II Tank Confusion. 1G or 1.28

Users who are viewing this thread

mistergeezer

Reaction score
Hi all! Newbie here, with my first post.

I acquired a Toto Drake II C453CUFG bowl. It's a few years old, but still brand new. I'm looking to find an appropriate tank for it, but am encountering conflicting info.

The Toto website only shows ST453U (1.o GPF) as the tank for this bowl, and doesn't list other options. However, the detailed description found on one of the big box store websites, states that the C453CUFG bowl can use either ST453U or ST454E (1.28 GPF) tanks.

I'd prefer to use the ST454E (1.28GPF) with this bowl, if it is truly a suitable combination. I like the idea of a little extra water during flush, and my understanding is that the valve and mechanism in the 1.28 unit is simpler (i.e. cheaper for later replacement).

By the way, the bowl has a factory decal on it that refers to it being rated for either 1.0 GPF and 1.28 GPF.

Anyone know for sure if the ST454E is suitable for this bowl? Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II bowls can take either the 1G or the 1.28 G tanks. I have sold many, some with the 1 gallon and a lot with the 1.28

You can always hold the handle a bit longer with either tank if you want more water with your flush.

mistergeezer

Reaction score
The Drake II bowls can take either the 1G or the 1.28 G tanks. I have sold many, some with the 1 gallon and a lot with the 1.28

You can always hold the handle a bit longer with either tank if you want more water with your flush.

Thanks, Terry. Sounds like the ST454E should be a-ok. That's what I'll get. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks