Tools you wish you had...

Users who are viewing this thread

cmckinnon

Reaction score
Hey everyone-

I wanted to see if anyone on this board has ideas on new tools you wished you had. Or ideas on new products, and how old tools could be made better.

let me know what you think.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I would like a very deep socket with thin wall that would allow removing/installing a 1/2" copper male adapter (with 3 or 4" of pipe soldered into it) screwed into a drop L buried in the wall. Every such adapter I've seen is a bastard size that no normal deep socket fits well - US or Metric. Some wrenches in a "cowbell" set almost work.

I would also like a tight-space crow's-foot-like wrench to install and remove the spray adapter hose from a Moen kitchen sink faucet while the faucet is installed in the sink and buried up in that special inaccessible space the sink designers came up with.

There's more, but they don't come to mind right now.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I saw your post here and on another forum...
Just curious if you work for lenox?

Cookie

Reaction score
I need one of these:

To easily cut my grass with.
I need a new ladder, a wooden one, since mine broke and I am short. But mighty. :D

Since you are taking requests, lol, I would like a new jigsaw since, mine is old. I need a set of metric tools and a man to teach me how to use them, :)

I would like a new circular saw, mine is too big and too old. I need one that will fit my hand and preferably in pink. To go with this saw I need a table thingee. I am using saw horses and they don't work too well.

I would love to have one of those saw saw's.
I really really need a paint sprayer so I can paint my garage, we are talking about cinder block here. You might as well throw in the paint, lol, white is nice.

I need french drains, 3 new windows, and my well looked at. While you are at it, I need a new kitchen floor. Nothing slippery, and contemporary looking.

If you can't send any of this because of the price of gasoline, I accept cash. :D

It feels like Xmas. More will come later. Later is sooner than you think, lol, I need one of those Hybrid cars. In red please. A lifetime supply of gas included would be nice, and an extended warranty for the life of the car, with free oil changes and tires.

*I also, want what Mikey's getting, it sounds interesting, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I saw your post here and on another forum...
Just curious if you work for lenox?
Not me. I retired from the University of Florida last year, with more interesting prior lives best discussed over an adult beverage. I do lurk, mostly, on several other forums, not always under "Mikey", as that seems to be a popular handle.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
A work truck like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
WOW! I want one of what Cass is getting too!:)

Mikey, I think Redwood was tallking about the orginial poster of this thread, but you got me curious now, lol.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks