Toilet won't flush...sink and shower gurgle

Users who are viewing this thread

9lives304

Reaction score
OK, so I can't use my toilet or my shower, but right after I snake the sewer line everything works fine for a lil while but within like 48 to 72hrs the gurgling is back and you can't use the toilet, shower, or bathroom sink.

Can anyone give me a suggestion

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Obvious you arent clearing stoppage or septic issue. other bathrooms or kitchen funtion fine then it likely isnt septic.
Could it be you are punching a 1/2 inch hole through a stoppage in a 3 or 4 inch line allowing water to drain but its still full of poop and paper? then the hole closes back up?

9lives304

Reaction score
Obvious you arent clearing stoppage or septic issue. other bathrooms or kitchen funtion fine then it likely isnt septic.
Could it be you are punching a 1/2 inch hole through a stoppage in a 3 or 4 inch line allowing water to drain but its still full of poop and paper? then the hole closes back up?
I'm going to try to snake it out again tomorrow with a different head on the snake cuz that's exactly what my thoughts were pertaining to the clog. The 1st time I snaked it and thought it was clear I pulled a wash rag from the end of my snake when I pulled the snake out.
The funny thing is I literally ran the water hose into the bathroom and ran probably 1000 gallons of rather high pressure water down the sewer line. So much so that when I checked the access from outside the house, the water flowing through the sewer line was crystal clear so I assumed I had solved the problem.....but obviously not!

9lives304

Reaction score
Well.....I snaked it again and there was another blockage up close to the toilet end and it appears AGAIN like it's clear

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks